STAHR Summer Scholars Application 2024
The STAHR Scholars Program aims to strengthen interests in health careers and develop the competitiveness of students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are pursuing health professional education programs. STAHR supports students from underrepresented identities and rural communities, those identifying as first-generation, and those that are from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds. By doing so, we strive to diversify the health workforce in underserved communities. The 12-month Scholars Program provides students with academic enrichment, personal and professional skill development, education and activities from health practitioners, and opportunities for networking and mentorship.
About This Application Survey
This application may take some time to complete. At the bottom of each page, there is a Save & Return Later button, which will give you a code to return with. To return to a partially completed survey, select the button in the top right corner of the page where it says Returning? and input your return code.
This online application is not considered "completed" until the final Submit button has been clicked. After successfully submitting, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided in the application.
In This Application
The following information will be asked of you in this application:
- Personal information, including questions about contact info and identity
- Household information, including questions about your household income
- Educational information, including questions about your educational career and entrance exams
- Interests & experiences, including questions about your career interests, as well as your:
- Health-related shadowing, volunteering, or paid experiences
- Research experiences
- Non-health-related community service
- Student or community organization involvement
- Honors or awards received
- Essays, each with a 1,000 character limit
- Why do you want to pursue a career in health? / What kind of difference do you hope or plan to make as a healthcare provider?
- Why are you interested in the STAHR Scholars Program? How do you feel you will benefit from this program?
- (DAT and MCAT applicants only) What areas of your professional program applications do you feel need to be strengthened?
- List any potential conflicts and timeframes (include dates) that may keep you from fully participating in the program. (e.g.: coursework, travel plans, work schedule, etc.)
Other Application Materials
The submission of this survey is one part of the required materials for the application process. Fully completed applications require the submission of the following materials. Please review the webpage for your track for more details on these required materials.
- Academic transcripts for all classes and credits taken (official preferred, unofficial accepted)
- Upload spaces are provided in this survey, or can be submitted at a later time to the STAHR Application File Upload.
- One professional reference, which can be completed before or after you complete this online application.
- Send the link to the Online Reference Form to your recommender and follow-up with their submission.
- *Students who have previously participated in the STAHR Scholars Program do not need to have a recommender complete the form.*
- If not a U.S. Citizen: A copy of your Permanent Residence Card (Green Card)
- An upload space is provided in this survey, or can be submitted at a later time to the STAHR Application File Upload.
- *U.S. Citizens do not need to upload any form of government ID.*
Only completed applications will be considered for the program. Ensure that all application materials are submitted by 11:59 PM CST on February 15, 2024.
Thanks again for your interest in our program. If you have any questions, please reach out to the STAHR Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-235-6169.
Page 1 of 11